Elena: I want to go outside
Me: Ok lets get your socks, shoes, sweatshirt & coat

put on socks, convince her not to wear her sunday shoes, put on sweatshirt, put on coat, she wants to wear hat, put hat on, put on acceptable outdoor shoes.

Me: Do you want to wear your mittens?
E: no

Me: Are you sure? It’s cold outside
E: NO MITTENS!!

open door, it’s way colder than I imagined. I insist on putting pants on her under her dress, but she doesn’t budge about the mittens. Ok fine, I think, your hands will just freeze, that’s ok. now she wants to take her doll along. ok fine. open door. send her outside into the freezing wind.

Seconds later she’s knocking on the door

Elena: Here mom. Here’s my doll.
Me: Do you want your mittens?
Elena: NO MITTENS!

Ok fine, we shut the door again.
Drat she’s knocking again.

Elena: Where my mittens?

finding mittens putting them on, sending her outside again. seconds later:

Elena: MOM, WANNA COME INSIDE!

come inside. take off shoes. take off socks. take off coat. take off sweatshirt. take off hat. take off mittens. two minutes later

Elena: Mom, wanna go outside!
Me:aaaaaaaaaaaaaaruuuurrrgh

Sometimes I would love to be the bread-winner in the family

7 thoughts on “MY MORNING

1. kokomorose says:

*laughs* I love it. It reminds me of me when I was little.

2. cobies_333 says:

giggle. that was terrific. sounds like an exciting day for mom.

3. MaeIBeSunny says:

Oh the joys of mothering!!!! Makes you wish for summer or Fl doesn’t it!!!

4. thanks for the chuckle. at least we can get a good laugh out of watching them waddle around in 1/2 of foot with 16 layers on.

5. km1202 says:

Hey Andrea!  You’re probably wondering who in the world I am??!!  It’s Kristi, your long-lost 2nd cousin on your mom’s side!  Anyway, I haven’t seen you for I have no idea how long.  10 years?  Wow, that’s terrible.  Anyway, found your site through Nicole’s and just couldn’t resist commenting.  Sounds like you’ve got your hands full! ðŸ™‚  Funny post. 🙂  Take care!

6. dilafi says:

aww that is such a cute story!!

7. shoei says:

thanks so much for the m&m’s and album.  and beth’s already told me about our girls nite out.  sounds super fun!!

I would love your thoughts!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w