Jena’s adoption day. She was ours from the start, but this day it became official.

My Girls

Big Bro

Us Three

On the stand

The Judge, the family, and the grandmas

Awkward Family Photo

Baby and me

I love these pictures. They make me all warm and fuzzy inside.  The were all taken by Di Images.  She had truly awful
lighting (inside)and horrible temperatures (outside) to work with. A photographers nightmare I’m sure.  But they are perfect, they capture
a very special day in the life of our family!

Until next time peeps!

23 thoughts on “Adoption Day

1. zanyzeal says:

Congrats!  Love the pictures!

2. mlt10202002 says:

these pictures make me teary. and that is no small feat.you are absolutely beautiful! and you have a gorgeous family.

3. appalolly says:

I am glad that you “found” a little time to blog today! My fav picture is the one of you and Gene with your new baby girl.  I so admire people who choose adoption!Happy Thursday to you!

4. lifeisadance says:

Oh goodness, but I LOVE these pictures.How special that you have some of this day, and such good ones too.This just melts me.How beautiful, just so beautiful. You, the kids, your family, Jenna, everything.And I always love when you post, so please – do return soon! 🙂

5. richlyblest says:

i didn’t realize the adoption was finalized. i am assuming that means that everything went smoothly? i love the pictures of your family. and i miss you here. i hope you make time to blog more often 🙂

6. OH she’s so beautiful, you all are.  Congratulations!

7. KristiM says:

This made me cry (happy tears!). Congratulations to you and your beautiful family!!!

8. i LOVE these pictures. so beautiful. and so meaningful.happy hugs and love to you—you busy mother of four.

9. redladybug18 says:

how exciting!  Love the photos.  I remember a similar day when my nephews were adopted just a few years ago and it is such a special day for sure!  congrats to you!Random note, I haven’t seen too many photos of all of you standing but I think the thing that stood out to me is I don’t know how tall your husband is but he looks really tall 😉

10. BlueIris83 says:

My husband and I plan on adopting. Let me just thank you both for giving a child a home. You guys are a blessing!

11. we5kings says:

oh my!  That is just beautiful!!  Good to “see” you again! 🙂

12. LydiaJo says:

Such happy pictures! Congrats!!

13. rfs1966 says:

I love how you are “doing” adoption!  It feels so right.  God bless you and yours.Gina

14. grace_to_be says:

gaww! that first picture. oh my word. so sweet!! reading about jena always makes me get teary eyed.. i think i’m just struck with how loved she is!how maybe her life might have been so different were it not for you.how very much adoption reminds me of what God has done with us!!! beautiful.

15. RICHK1200 says:

Love these pics and the family in them!

16. Beautiful Andrea! Thanks for sharing. I could listen to Jenna’s story all day.

17. justcallmeM says:

Congrats on making things official! 🙂 Such a loving story she has.

18. Jabber_wock says:

Andrea, congratulations! What a lovely way to remember the day–I’m so glad for you that you have these beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing them with us.How is Jena doing by now?

19. quiet_hearts says:

I think the photos are awesome.  My favorite is the one of you and her.  You both look so beautiful.  Congratulations and best, best of wishes for you and yours, Andrea.

20. Um, totally cute.  I love it. I just ADORE the one with the family and the judge. It’s so official and poignant.  Gives me tingles. I was just wondering how you were doing, and popped over to see I’d missed a post.

21. twofus_1 says:

I am commenting on some old Xanaga posts (in case you weren’t able to tell.haha) The pictures are so pretty, and I think it is so cool that you hired a photographer for this event.I LOVE the one of the three girls.  They are all so cute, and I love their outifts, too.  And also the one of you and Gene and the baby–perfect!  I’m so happy for you.

22. dilafila says:

i never noticed this post. not sure why. but i do love it. i also wanted to post about it someday and i think i still might. it really does strike a chord with people. adoption. and never mind that you took time out of your whole life to do this. amazing thing.  i think people like it so much because it’s an absolute portrayal of what Christ does for us. i also noticed how everyone who commented liked a different photo and it spoke to each differently. that is so cool.

I would love your thoughts!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s