Yesterday we happened upon the lovely Skymall magazine while we were flying home from a trip to Mississippi. There were so many great,great gift ideas in that magazine, but we did the dirty work for you and narrowed it down to the top 10 gifts that you can still buy this holiday season. Yes, these gifts are available for purchase. That means you pay real money in exchange for this merchandise. We’ve added notes, suggestions, and links, (click on the name and you will be directed to the proper website) If you have any of those “hard to buy for” people,on your Christmas list, I’m sure there is something in here that will be just the ticket.
1. Move over Snuggie, you are so 2008. Introducing the Siamese Slanket!
This puppy would be great for date nights, or even a father-son hunting trip.
2. Do you ever feel like you aren’t spending enough on a gift for a loved one? Uh-huh, I know the feeling. Like, you just need to spend a couple more bucks to not come across like a total cheapskate, but to drop another $20 is just too much. These Scrunchie Wraps will be your best friend. A great way to nudge up the value of your gift. It also looks like it would add some nice pizazz.
3. Is your son/boyfriend/husband the one who was always picked last on the team? An underachiever? This would be a way to help him live out his unfulfilled dreams. These Nascar Personalized Calendars put his name on the back of the jacket, in every action-packed scene from January to December. Some dreams weren’t meant to happen, but at least you can pretend they did.
4. The next two gifts are for the musically inclined friend or family member. This EZ chord devise takes away the difficult finger moves and replaces them with four buttons. As the package says-YOU even You can play your favorite songs instantly. What’s not to love?
5. Along the same lines, here is a Roll-up Piano. I’m thinking about getting this for Elena. Not only could she practice her piano at home; we could take it along on road trips, trips to the grocery store, trips to the library, trips to the park, you name it. It seems like it would be a fool-proof way to get her daily piano practice completed.
6. A gift for the one with a green thumb? Try these shrub guards. They are inexpensive,and I know I would sleep better at night if I tucked in all my shrubery.
7. Here’sa gift for the pranster. A remote controlled tarantula. Gene summed it up well: ‘This could be a real hoot”. The only thing that could make it funnier?? Set it loose….inside the SIAMESE SLANKET!!!
8. Can’t get a handle on the bed bugs? Especially since the epedemic in NYC bed bugs have been taking over. If you are tired of the battle, these Bed Bug Proof Cover Sets will be a real blessing. Simply cover those nasty boogers up, and PRESTO sleep comfortably again.
9. If you are looking for a nice piece to add some sty-el to your home, I would say your search has ended. This Lampshade Lady screams KLASSY! Folks, there was another statue I was on the fence about, its name was “Peeing boy of Brussels” and it doubled as a fountain. But I had to cast my vote for the lampshade lady since i try to keep things family friendly here.
10. What says “I love you” more than the inflatable Skyrest? So simple and ingenius for all your travel needs. Simply store it in your carry-on luggage. Dig it out during the flight. Inflate. Take a snooze. Wrestle with it as you are served pretzels and soda. Deflate. Accidentally elbow the stranger on your left four times when it doesn’t deflate properly. Stow under the seat in front of you. Repeat as needed.
Happy Shopping! It was our pleasure,
Gene & Andrea